Saturday, December 21, 2013

GOLD RUSH

Happy Saturday Ya'll!

Um, where did this warm weather come from? I walked outside yesterday completely confused as to whether it was winter or spring. However, I was not trying to complain.
After two weeks of 30 degrees, I sure am going to enjoy the next couple of days of warmtg.  I took advantage of the nice weather and broke out my gold embellished top and gold sequin heels. Today's look is also a little Beyonce inspired. Her latest album is full of energy and sexual female empowerment. I love the sassiness and sexiness she projects in the videos an through the lyrics of the song. 




Even while taking these photos, Flawless and Yonce was running through my head. AS women, I think its important for us to feel confident and sexy and to know that yes, we are the baddest chicks thus far (in my Jay-Z voice). So, I think I am probably serving a little sassy more so in these photos than ever before. Thanks Bey for the encouragement!

Now, on to where I got this look from.  One day while lunch break shopping I stopped into Forever21 and happened to find this gold sparkly peplum top with sheer chiffon sleeves and a key hole opening at the neck. I thought the top was so sexy, sophisticated and chic. Its a great top for an office holiday party or for drinks with your homies. 


When I was putting this look together I immediately knew that my gold sequin heels from Enzo Angiolini would look perfect and festive with the top. Since it was so warm, I was able to nix stockings and rock my faux leather Anna Scholz ankle pants as a base for the top.


Since, I'm no fool, I used my Simply Be wool peacoat as a cape in case it got chilly. For makeup, I went with a golden olive eye and rich red lipstick from Kate Moss for Rimmel in #11.

 I'm going to keep it real andletya'll know I was feeling real cute and sassy in this look. I think that darn Beyonce album has me feeling my self. Now singing, I woke up like this, I'm flawless. LOL! 


Unfortunately, the Forever21 top is sold out on line but they have tons of other cute holiday tops. 

What do you guys think about this look?

Photos  by: True Images

Shop The Look




8 comments:

  1. LOVE it! May I ask how comfortable the pants are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mz Liz! THe pants are very comfortable. I've actually had them for two years now. The downside, they make noise when you move. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Hello,Ciao Alissa...always Your outfits are so Creative,so Unique...so Artistic...this look is Breathtaking...Yes,You're right....It's shinig positive Energy and superior Female Empowerment!
    Gold make really You very pretty Look...Cheers
    Happy Saturday and enjoy the nice weather there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you so much Aure. You always have nice things to say

      Delete
  3. This IS hot, Ms Alissa - hope you went somewhere good to show it off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Juliette, Thank you!
      I showed it off on the streets of Brooklyn

      Delete