Sunday, December 1, 2013

BROOKLYN GIRL!



Happy Sunday!
Growing up in Brooklyn taught me so much about developing my personal style. By just walking the streets you would see so many people of different walks of life. I have always been influenced by that. As much as I like being classy and sophisticated, there is always that side of me which I refer to as the B-side, that likes to show my love for Brooklyn in what I wear.

Take this parka and ombre sweater. It is reminiscent of what people wore back in the 90's. Remember when everyone was obsessed with Coogi sweaters and Gucci Parka's. Well, this weekend, I was influenced by that era and wanted to wear something that paid homage to it. 



I took an ombre sweater by Simply Be and rocked it with a pair of distressed skinny jeans and a parka from Jessica London. 


I added a ball hat which reminded me of those baby hats with the balls on them.. Remember those?! And for true hip hop style, I added a big gold chain link jewel encrusted necklace.


Timberland's were really hot in the 90's but I'ma heels kind of girl so I opted for a pair of tan studded ankle boots from Michael Antonio. 


Yes, I'm a Brooklyn Girl!


Shop My Look
Coat: Jessica London (gifted) Get it HERE
Sweater: Simply Be (gifted) Sold out, Similar HERE
Jeans: Forever21 Plus, Get it HERE
Boots: Michael Antonio (old)

2 comments:

  1. Hello there in N.Y.Ciao Alissa...Love love love this look of yours...it's simple but chic,it's easy but cool...You have such amazing Artistic Talent in create gorgeous outifs! !
    and W Brooklyn GIRL, VIVA Brooklyn !
    happy beginiging of week,best

    ReplyDelete
  2. From head to toe, love it! I love the 90's throwback, you updated the style of that era, while still remaining authentic.
    xoxo,
    kk

    ReplyDelete