Saturday, November 30, 2013

NEVER CONFORM, ALWAYS EVOLVE



Happy Saturday and belated Thanksgiving, 
This weekend, I was so thankful to be around family. I feel like holidays were made for that reason. Throughout the year we all get busy with our lives and barely speak to our loved ones. When holidays roll around, instantly we all know that means family time. The Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays are the two times out the year we are guaranteed to make time for our families.



This Thanksgiving my great aunts hosted dinner and I wanted to wear something cute, casual, and a little dressy. When you haven't seen family in a long time, you always want to look your best. While planning my Thanksgiving outfit, I  got to thinking about personal style and what it means to me. Random thought, I know.


When I think about my personal style, I am all about being true to who I am as a person and accommodating my lifestyle. At this moment in time, its to conform to what's popular. If you're on Instagram, you would know that everyone is all over the body con dress for morning, noon, and night. As I've always said, I love a good body con but it can' be my everyday wardrobe. I for one like to embrace my classic sophisticated style but I fo believe in evolving. I like timeless pieces but I also like trends and a little edginess. So, instead of conforming to what's hot for the moment, I like to stay true to my personal style but allow my eye and taste to evolve.

I am a leopard print lover and every other year it is dubbed as a trend, In my opinion, leopard print is classic and a neutral. I found this awesome skirt on Dorothy Perkins site and scooped it up during their 30% off sale. I paired it with a classic turtleneck, and my over the knee boots from WideWidths.com (gifted). Because it was so freaking cold, I added one of my favorite peacoats from Simply Be (Gifted and sold out). To make the look pop, I used a mint green jeweled statement necklace from Forever21.


What do you think of my look?

Shop My Look

6 comments:

  1. I love everything about this look and I agree wholeheartedly about the whole bodycon fad. After so many it loses it's appeal.....I think of bodycon when I want to pull out the WOW factor sexiness but definitely not for morning, noon and night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay why am i just now seeing that you have a personal blog for your style? love this 'fit boo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so Classic <3 I love your dedication to persona style! I hate when I see the same thing on every blog. I love diversity and unique style <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodmorning,Buongiorno ALISSA...this's a great post! every photo is as nice as a Painting and Your Outfit is a superior Work of Art:Chic,Elegant,Sophisticated,Glamourous,Fabolous Look of Yours!
    The Leopard print Skirt is Stunning on You...it celebrates Your Powerfull Feline Silhouette and the blend at perfection with the black Top,the Boot,the mint-green necklace,the coat is truly Amazing...You're an Artist of the Style!
    Happy Sunday,Buona Domenica

    ReplyDelete