Tuesday, November 19, 2013

A LITTLE OFFICE FLAIR

I am always looking for new ways to add a little flair to my office looks. Truth be told, I can pretty much wear anything I want with minor exceptions but I choose to keep things professional and polished. Its so easy to get into a work wear rut, regardless of your office dress code.

If you work in a casual office, its easy to wear jeans everyday.
 If you work in corporate America, its easy to wear a boring black suit everyday.  I've always challenged myself to not get stuck in a uniform and try to create outfit combinations that spoke to my personal style but appeased my office dress code.


For instance, take this fit and flair grommet embellished skirt from Mynt 1792. I first spied it when I wrote about their fall collection (which is awesome). I felt the skirt itself literally had flair. The grommets on the leather made it unique, especially since its by a plus size brand. The skirt is a piece that can be worn a myriad of ways and can easily translate from chic to sexy depending on how you style it. 
I decided to style the skirt for a work appropriate look. I tried it on with different tops but settled on this blue sequin collared embellished blouse from Ulla Popken. I thought the sequin collar and grommets would play nice together and the blue would add more personality.

I topped off my look with a mixed media coat from Simply Be and headed to work.

What do you guys think of this look? Do you like the skirt?

You can checkout the Sophia Fit & Flare skirt at Mynt1792

WIW
Blouse: Ulla Popken (gifted) get it HERE
Skirt: Mynt1792 (gifted)
Shoes: Vince Camuto
Coat: Simply Be (gifted)


3 comments:

  1. Love the skirt! Got it from Gwynnie Bee a couple of days ago.

    I paired with with a pink shirt, tucked in, like you're wearing. The issue I had, the shirt line was clearly visible underneath the skirt. Did you have this problem as well? If so, how did you manage the situation?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alissa...always your outfits are a work of Art...this one is gorgeous:the sequin collar and grommets play very nice together making the look classy and elegant but with a note of chic and glamour,like also the earings you wear: Fabolous Style of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute skirt!! I try to spice up my work outfits as well

    ReplyDelete