Sunday, November 17, 2013

MY PERFECT PLUS SIZE BIKER JACKET FROM MICHAEL KORS


Happy Sunday everyone! Welcome to my new personal blog Alissa Savonne. This new blog is completely different from Stylish Curves. The only thing it will include that is like Stylish Curves is my love for fashion. My vision for Stylish Curves is for it to be all about you the plus size reader and how to live a much more stylish life being plus size. Alissa Savonne is the opposite because it will be all about me, my personal style, my love for hip hop music, beauty, and my love for all things pop culture. 

I will also be sharing my personal tips about blogging, being a mom, and whatever else I feel the need to discuss. Bare with me as I develop this personal blog but I promise you will get to see more of who I am as a person and what I like and dislike.


I figured the first post should be about my personal style and this ridiculously fabulous cobalt blue Michael Kors leather jacket that I scored as a birthday gift for myself. Since this weekend was warm for November, I decided to wear it both on Saturday and Sunday. 

I love leather moto/biker jackets because they make everything you wear look cool. I actually was coveting this jacket since August when I saw it at Bloomingdales. The Jacket retailed for $500. One thing you should know about me is that I don't pay retail for anything unless I can't live without it.  In order for me to justify the purchase of this jacket, I needed to find me a coupon or I had to wait for it to go on sale. Well, I waited for it ot go on sale and when it did, I felt the sale price was a significant amount that I would be willing to pay. To make a long story short, I happened to be in Lord & Taylor last week and something told me to go there on my lunch break. While perusing the racks, I spotted one blue leather jacket in the Michael Kors section. I looked at it and thought this can't be in my size. Something told me to walk over to it. I slowly walked over to it. Looked at the tag with one eye open and to my surprise the lonely blue leather jacket hanging on the rack of printed blouses was my size. What are the odds of that?!  


Now that I know the jacket is my size, the next hurdle is to find out how much is it. Wait, I failed to mention that the rack it was hanging on, had a 40%  off sign over it. I took the jacket off the rack, walked it over to the price scanning machine and what do you know, the $500 was on sale for $191. I couldn't believe my eyes. As I started walking towards the register with a big grin on my face, I realized, oh shit, I have a 20% coupon in my purse. Now sometimes, department stores don't allow you to use coupons on designer pieces, so, I wished really hard that the coupon would work. I get to the register and the sales lady reassures me that I picked a great jacket and the sale price was even better. I whipped out my coupon and asked her to see if it would work and she said yeah, this coupon works on Michael Kors. I was so freaking happy because the $191 jacket was now $163.


 Let me break this down for you again. A unique cobalt blue 100% leather plus size jacket from Micheal Kors retailed at $500 and I got it for $161. All I can say is that jacket was waiting for me and it is one of the best birthday gifts that I've bought for myself ever.

Shop My Look

9 comments:

  1. Excellent score! Love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful jacket and even better deal! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely jacket. Looking forward to more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there in N.Y.,Ciao Alissa...this first post of your new Blog is Great:lovely photos and amazing Style of yours!...Always your outfits are so creative,unique,fabolous and this Outfit feat. the cobalt-blue/turquoise biker jacket is stunning on you...Cheers!
    Happy blogging and greetings from Italy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa!! I didn't know you had another blog!! I love the idea of having a separate, more personal space! You look super cute! I love the dress and the booties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here you can find more variety of plus size biker jacket. You can also buy it online from here.

    ReplyDelete